Cook the sorghum grain using 2 cups of the water in a pressure cooker at High Pressure for 1 hour. While the sorghum is cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
To prepare the marinade, combine all the ingredients except for the sliced chicken breasts in a zip lock and then marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
Using a medium-sized pot, start sautéing on medium heat for about 10 minutes the onions, garlic, green pepper, and serrano pepper in 2 tbsps. olive oil. Add the lemon pepper and salt. Then add cooked sorghum into the pot and cook for an additional 10 minutes on low heat. Brush a grill pan lightly with the remaining ½ tbsp. olive oil and cook marinated chicken for about 4 minutes on each side; brush occasionally chicken with marinade. Once cooked, cut chicken into small strips and place over the sorghum pilaf. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Prep: preheat oven to 350 degrees F, prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Recipe and photo credits: Nikki Nedd
4 tazas de arroz basmati Yummmy
4 tazas de agua de frijoles negros.
1 cucharada de sal
1/2 cucharada de sazón completa
Un pedaso de tocino
Se sofrien los sazones con el tocino y se le echa al arroz.
Se cocina por 15 minutos en la cazuela de arroz.
Despues se revisa si esta durito, se pone unos 10 minutos mas. Y a disfrutralo.
Enviado por Mercedes "Mechi" Perez
Serving: 4, Prep and cook time: 30 - 40 minutes
Tip: Bulgur is cooked like rice in this recipe
1) Chop scallions, leave the top green part of 2 of the scallions aside to chop and add as a garnish
2) Chop carrot
3) Boil 2 cups of water, and add 1 cup of boiled water to bulgur wheat, let it sit for 8-10 minutes until it gets fluffy
1) Heat saucepan in high heat and add olive oil to cover base of the pan
2) Once hot, add chopped scallions to pan and lower heat to medium
3) When scallion are soft, add bulgur wheat (with water you had it sit in), and add a bit of butter
4) Wait 1 min
5) Add 1 cup of water, chopped carrot, cumin, salt and pepper, increase heat to bring to boil and cover with lid
6) Once boiling, reduce heat and stir bulgur around so as to not let it stick to pan and wait 10-15 mins.
7) Once you start to see water disappear, taste it and if hard, add a little bit of water. If not necessary, remove from heat, stir and let it sit so that remaining water evaporates
8) Once fully cooked add to bowl and garnish with chopped parsley leaves, remaining scallion, add walnuts and raisins or chopped tomatoes to your hearts content and enjoy!
Great pairing for grilled chicken
Serving: 4 adults
Now you should have fluffy, delicious, and healthy rice to accompany the main course. Enjoy!
Yield: 5 dozen (it may sound a lot, but in my family of 4 the cookies were gone in 3 days)
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.
About the author
My name is Camila, and I curate recipes from the web, friends and family to share them with you! I love food but I'm learning to cook so I can keep enjoying this pleasure!
Recipes featuring you
How do you use our Yummmy products? We'd love to know how you create delicious recipes with our products. Send us your recipes for a chance to be featured in our site!