Serving: 4, Prep and cook time: 30 - 40 minutes
Tip: Bulgur is cooked like rice in this recipe
1) Chop scallions, leave the top green part of 2 of the scallions aside to chop and add as a garnish
2) Chop carrot
3) Boil 2 cups of water, and add 1 cup of boiled water to bulgur wheat, let it sit for 8-10 minutes until it gets fluffy
1) Heat saucepan in high heat and add olive oil to cover base of the pan
2) Once hot, add chopped scallions to pan and lower heat to medium
3) When scallion are soft, add bulgur wheat (with water you had it sit in), and add a bit of butter
4) Wait 1 min
5) Add 1 cup of water, chopped carrot, cumin, salt and pepper, increase heat to bring to boil and cover with lid
6) Once boiling, reduce heat and stir bulgur around so as to not let it stick to pan and wait 10-15 mins.
7) Once you start to see water disappear, taste it and if hard, add a little bit of water. If not necessary, remove from heat, stir and let it sit so that remaining water evaporates
8) Once fully cooked add to bowl and garnish with chopped parsley leaves, remaining scallion, add walnuts and raisins or chopped tomatoes to your hearts content and enjoy!
Great pairing for grilled chicken
About the author
My name is Camila, and I curate recipes from the web, friends and family to share them with you! I love food but I'm learning to cook so I can keep enjoying this pleasure!
Recipes featuring you
How do you use our Yummmy products? We'd love to know how you create delicious recipes with our products. Send us your recipes for a chance to be featured in our site!